Saturday, May 28, 2011

Christopher Meloni (aka Detective Stabler) leaving SVU!

 

It’s true. L Christopher Meloni, the actor who plays Detective Stabler on Law & Order: SVU will not be coming back for the hit show’s 13th season. Why? Contract negotiations (in which Meloni was seeking a raise) fell through.

Mariska Hargitay, who plays Detective Benson, will still be on the show, but not as frequently as she used to. (She asked during contract negotiations for her hours to be scaled back.) The network is looking to bring on a new female lead and considering Jennifer Love Hewitt for the position.

I don’t want SVU to change! It’s one of my favorite shows. Whenever a show changes, it usually changes for the worse… Jennifer Love Hewitt made a guest appearance on SVU a season or two ago and did a good job portraying a victim, but I can’t see her filling Mariksa Hargitay’s shoes.

What do you think?

6 comments:

katie said...

I keep hearing conflicting reports on this...a few months back he said this wasn't true...but I guess it is.

I haven't watched this show regularly in a couple of years because it's just gotten so redic, but SVU is not SVU without Benson and Stabler together in my opinion. I think you can get away with changing the characters on any of the other L&O's except for this one. I'm probably done watching after this year anyway. It's a shame because it used to be so good.

Toni Rose said...

sigh... You blog made me feel I just wasted 2 years of my life :))

I used to take grad school too right after graduation and made a blog for it.

It's still up now, but I've stopped grad school for around after 6 months ... Lol

But I'm trying to update my blog now. And I'm already 23... Haha

Xx,
Toni

Brooke said...

I haven't been keeping up with the new episodes either. I don't really have time to watch any show regularly, I just watch TV when/if I want to (usually to wind down from a busy day).

Grad school is on the horizon for me too, Toni Rose. Not this year, but next year. I named my blog Go Grad Girl to refer to the fact that I am (or rather will be in two weeks) a college graduate. The title encompasses going to graduate school, but doesn't necessarily require it. It's more of a catch-all title/phrase. I feel so old! :( Haha.

Toni Rose said...

Dear Brooke,

if you dont mind me asking, why how old are you?

I used to have a blog "an undergrad waiting for graduation" then when I graduated.. i deleted it. lol .. because there was nothing to blog out anymore.. and it was mostly just full of school rants.. haha

then I made a blog similar name as yours something about after graduation.. but i barely wrote anything because my after grad life was so boring.

then i made a blog (i still have it now) learner forever when i started graduate school..

which I left hanging because i left graduate school LOL

but hopefully im going to maintain it now, since my title is about being a learner forever, learning doesnt have to be within the four walls.. right? :))

xx,
Toni

Ashley said...

I totally agree! Why mess with a good thing? I'm afraid it's the beginning of the end for that show. One of my favorites too! :(

Kelly said...

NOOO. SVU without Stabler? I won't be nearly as captivated if there isn't a little love tension between Benson and Stabler...

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Go Grad Girl! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...