Tuesday, May 10, 2011

People are ridiculous


I saw something very unusual on campus today. I was working on a research paper at the library when a girl with a miniature dog in her purse walked in and sat down at a table not too far from me. I’ve seen people walking down the street with dogs in their purses, which is already kind of weird, but I’ve never seen anyone with a dog-stuffed purse in a library. “Let me see, books, check. Laptop, check. Notebook, check. Dog, dammit I forgot Fluffy.” The stituation struck me as odd, to say the least.

I found myself wondering if this girl took her dog to class with her, too. Would she get kicked out? I feel like it’s such a rare occurrence that a prof might not even know what to do about it. “Uhh, [insert name here], I’m going to have to ask you to leave. Rule 72 Section 3 Sub-point 14.5 strictly prohibits animals in the classroom.” Yea…

Anywho, the girl stayed for at least a good 20 minutes and her dog didn’t make a single sound. Weird. It did stare at me with its beady little eyes, though. I was slightly creeped out. It looked like a cross between a rat and the Chihuahua from the Taco Bell commercials. Not a cute dog.

Have you seen anything unusual on campus, at work, etc.?

13 comments:

Jacque said...

I had a customer at work the other day (I work in a bank) tell me she was jealous of her dog's ass. She said ass like 3 times really loudly..in the bank. Pretty strange. And she told us not to talk about her after she left. We couldn't help but laugh.

theaprilblake said...

When I was working in a mall, a woman came in with two little dogs in a double stroller, just pushing them around like it wasn't the weirdest thing ever.

ps: found you through 20sb, hi!

Brooke said...

Haha I bet you get a lot of interesting people coming through the bank, Jacque. Probably makes for good stories every now and then.

Hi April! Dogs in a stroller is way weirder than purse dog in a library haha.

Katie said...

I actually saw a girl go to a midterm in a leopard print Snuggie once. I couldn't decide if I wanted to facepalm myself or bust out laughing.

Brooke said...

Oh man haha. That takes guts. She must've gotten a bunch of weird looks.

katie said...

I'll admit I'm a doggie lover, but to that extent? Nah. I used to have a small dog. (a cocker spaniel/poodle mix who didn't realize he was small, loved hangin with the big dogs, rolled around in dirt, and would flip if I EVER tried to stick him in a purse or a stroller of any kind.) He was awesome in his crate in the car (never made a peep) and I'd take him with me sometimes, but only to dog friendly places. My stepmom always wondered why I didn't carry him everywhere and I told her it was very rude of me to just assume everyone would love my dog if I took him somewhere like the mall, or the library. Not to mention Noah would hate it. Unless you're dog is a service dog, you treat them as dogs. I think people forget they're still animals.

Anyhooooooo....following you from 20sb....so hiii!

Brooke said...

Good point, Katie. The people that carry their dogs in their purses treat them as accessories instead of as pets. Following you as well. :)

katie said...

Thank you so much! :)

Liz said...

Wow, I've never seen that - that's so... WOW. Haha. Outrageous. :O

Sarah said...

People do the most ridiculous things in the library, I swear!

Yvonne said...

So I was reading your blog (I love it! Also found via 20sb) and couldn't help but comment on this post.

I don't carry my dog ..but I think you just described him.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/yv0_nne/Doggy/June-July329.jpg

Brooke said...

Thanks, Yvonne! Your dog is adorable. He looks nothing like the one I encountered in the library haha.

Kirsten said...

Oh my word, that's hilarious. I have a purse sized dog but I don't really tote him around like an accessory. I'll take him to outdoor places like the baseball games, but definitely not the library :)

www.kirstenjoywilson.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Go Grad Girl! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...