Friday, May 13, 2011

Study shows Friday the 13th bad for your health


I hope you're not superstisious, because if you are, you shouldn’t leave your house today according to this scientific journal article. The authors document evidence for why Friday the 13th is bad for your health, and recommend staying at home all day until Saturday the 14th. The article is a little dated, yes, (it was published in 1993) but very interesting nonetheless. I’m not all that superstitious, and I’ve already left my house today, but I’ll keep my eyes peeled for danger just in case.

In other news, I’m SO glad that Blogger is back up! Stupid website maintenance kept me from posting yesterday. *Sigh.* As of yesterday, I have exactly one month until I graduate from college! Woo!

This article from US News &World Report highlights some of this year’s noted commencement speakers. The University of Pennsylvania was graced with Denzel Washington’s presence, NYU by former president Bill Clinton’s, and Tulane University by Stevie Wonder’s.

Who does my school (The Ohio State University) get? We’re stuck with John Boehner, the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the biggest crybaby Republican Capitol Hill has ever seen. He better keep it together during my commencement speech. I will NOT have him ruin my big day with his blubbering! Ladies and gentlemen, the 3rd most powerful man in the United States of America:
 Goodness gracious, John Boehner, get it together.


4 comments:

threetimesf said...

Hi Brooke
It's my first time stopping by your blog (I write a health/food/fitness blog, and tend to read the same sort of thing). I found you on 20sb, and LOVE your style of writing! Interesting, coherent and very good quality (I read back a few pages).
Keep up the good work, and I'll be back soon! :D

Brooke said...

Thanks so much! I'm glad you like it. I just started out so it's really great to hear some positive feedback. :)

Jas said...

... Wow. I would boycott my ceremony if I had to listen to that dumbass attempt to inspire me to face the onslaught of the years to come. You're a good person for going.

Brooke said...

As it stands, my roommate's mom isn't coming to our graduation because of him, which I think is going a little too far. There's also a Facebook group that's trying to organize a walk-out during his speech. As much as I don't like the guy, I won't let his presence ruin one of the most important days of my life.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Go Grad Girl! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...