Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What to wear for college graduation?...

There are WAY too many options out there for us ladies when it comes to fashion. We have to decide between a long dress or a short dress, a halter dress or a tube dress, an off-the-shoulder dress or a blouse and a skirt, etc. And don’t even get me started on shoe pairings! Add that to the mix and a girl can get seriously overwhelmed and undergo what I like to call a “too many choices, not enough time” shopping anxiety attack.

Many times, we girls shop just for the heck of it, for no particular reason except that we feel the urge to shop. Today, I shop with a purpose. My college graduation ceremony is in slightly less than one month away and I need a new dress and matching heels for the occasion.

Now, with it currently being spring and all, it’s impossible to go into any store without being bombarded by floral and animal prints – even in the guys’ section!  I’m normally not an I-wear-every-lacey-and-flowery-thing-I-can-get-my-hands-on type of girl, but in the context of graduation dresses, I see them as the best option. Satin dresses are too formal and everything else seems too casual. Here are some outfit pairings I’ve come up with:


1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Which is your favorite? What kind of a style would you go with for a graduation ceremony?

4 comments:

Briana said...

I love them ALL! I think personally I would go for the 2nd outfit, not too over done but still dressy & those shoes would definitely help with comfort!

Roxanne and Lorraine said...

I am totally a dress girl. I have a pretty ridiculous collection of them.

Also, I ALWAYS find stuff when I'm "just looking" and have no money. If I'm out with a purpose, yeah, good fudgin' luck.

I love all the dresses and would wear them all, but to me, 3 with 6 says graduation ceremony. :)

Lor

Brooke said...

I like the second one best, too, Bri! I'm just bummed they no longer have the dress in my size. :/

Lor, I run into the exact same problem all the time. It's only when I'm not looking for something specific that I find the best items haha. On a practical sense (since they don't have dress 2 in my size), I'd go with outfit 3 as well.

We'll see. I'm going home for Memorial Day weekend. If I can't find something at the mall during that time, then I'll just order #3 and #6 online.

Lauren said...

My favourite dress is #1 (and I love the belt, which may have something to do with it) but #2 is a close second. However, I'd pick #2 over #1 for a graduation - it's a touch more formal, and more suited to the occasion I think :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Go Grad Girl! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...