Monday, June 27, 2011

It's not always sunshine and rainbows

I’m not in the best of moods today. I’ve been feeling really stressed out lately. July is fast approaching and that means I have that much less time to find a job. One of my friends, who was also a Psych major like me and did a little better than me in school, is also on the job hunt and was recently passed over for a position she applied for. It kind of makes me feel like if even the best of us can’t find a job, then what are the rest of us supposed to do?

I know that it takes time and that it’s tough out there right now, though. A lot of my friends haven’t found jobs yet either.  I guess I’m just feeling the pressure a little bit more strongly because I know I have a deadline to find something in order to stay here come fall.

I’m trying to keep myself busy and always doing something so that I don’t think about it too much, but I’ll admit I’m scared. It’s not easy being in a state of limbo and waking up each day knowing things are still up in the air and nothing’s set in stone. We also haven’t had any good weather here in Columbus for a couple weeks now. I feel like a little sunlight might help elevate my mood. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little better. This feels a little bit like a case of the Mondays.

9 comments:

the sweetest girl. said...

i can relate completely. i also graduated in may as a psych major and i have had no luck at all in the job department. and what makes it even worse is i got in a car wreck in february so im stuck home all day with no means of transportation =[

good things will come our way though, all of our hard work wont go to waste!

<3 jaz

jaynicole89.blogspot.com

little said...

you guys are freakin me out ha. i'm a psych major, about to transfer to a 4 year...hope the job market gets a boost when i graduate.

love, little.

Jennifer M. said...

I can definitely relate. It's a bad economic time to be starting a career! The best advice I can give is be creative with what you're willing to do to make money. Freelance, move cross-country, etc. Once you have a couple years experience under your belt, you'll be in a better position to demand a position in a city that you love.

Ashley said...

I totally feel the same! I'm not a psych major, but I just graduated in March. I know that feeling of limbo. I hate it too. I hope there's luck for the both of us! Soon!

Kay said...

Keep your head up! Honestly, only a handful of my classmates have jobs, & it seems all the psych majors that do have jobs ended up at the same place, so there's clearly not much out there. You'll find something!

{erisha} said...

i think it's normal for most fresh grads to encounter these issues. Reading this is actually freaking me out as well, because I'm a Psych major and I'm graduating this coming July. YIKES!

Karen said...

I completely understand the whole 'nothing is set in stone' thing... I graduated with a psych degree as well, and have been working retail..Bleh... I've decided to get into rehabilitation therapy, but I'm on the waiting list for that... I hate not being able to plan for my future! So, ya, I guess I'm in a state of limbo, too!

P.S. I love your blog! I just started following it recently :)
Come visit me! kmesimplify.blogspot.com

Katie Elizabeth said...

I absolutely know how you feel. I've been out of school for over a year and a half now and still cannot find a decent job - even with honors and everything. It sucks, but just keep positive :)

xo katie elizabeth
ohheyylife.blogspot.com

Brooke said...

Thanks for your encouraging words, ladies! It's nice to know I'm not the only one struggling with this.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Go Grad Girl! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...