Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fashion spotlight: Rompers


While rompers are definitely not a new fashion item, they've become a big trend over this past spring and through this summer. They're all over all of the major clothing lines' websites and you can hardly go somewhere without seeing someone donning a romper.


The romper's appeal is obvious - it's part shirt, part shorts, thus obviating the need for two separate clothing pieces. [Obviating is one of my GRE words and my study books says it's a good to use my vocab words in everyday speech as often as possible :)]

Rompers can be worn casually or dressed up, as can most clothing pieces. Distinguishing between whether a romper is casual or formal, however, isn't determined by how you accessorize with it (in my opinion). Rather, rompers themselves are either casual or formal, as I've tried to illustrate below. 
1, 2, 3, 4
1, 2, 3, 4

How do you feel about rompers? Are you a fan?

9 comments:

threetimesf said...

I like the idea and style, but unfortunately don't think I have to confidence (or body!) to rock it!
ps - obviating = GREAT word!!

Chels said...

At first I didn't really like them, but they grew on me. It depends on the type :)

Miss365 said...

I was a fan when I was 13 and I had long legs and a flat belly.

Now that I have womans body. Not so much.

I just can't do it. One has to have a certain lean body type to pull them off. :)

Happy Comment Love Day. :)

Miss365

Lauren said...

I love the look of rompers, but try as I might I just can't find one that looks good on me. Sad face.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

My torso is wayyyy to long for a romper. I tried on four and they gave me the worst cameltoe. Super attractive.

FabCoffeeMom said...

Thank you so much for stopping by on my blog Fabulous Finds!

I have to say I totally love Rompers...wish I could pull them off ha ha.

Happy blogging :)

Jen

-Kelsey said...

I like the more casual rompers... but I'm also too tall to wear them well myself :(

Chevon J. - La Bella Vita said...

I'm your newest follower from my blog over at http://abeaut1fuldisaster.blogspot.com

I love rompers, but I don't think they work for my body type. Unfortunately. It could also be that I haven't found the perfect one yet though. They look so fun and comfortable.

Karen said...

I think rompers are great if you have the body for them (aka skinny and long legged). I think they look the most flattering and cute as the "casual" pictures portray ... Not sure if I'm a fan of the "formal" look! I've tried on many in the past and just have not been able to find a good fitting one..!

kmesimplify.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Go Grad Girl! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...