Monday, July 18, 2011

Going back!


I'm going back to Columbus tomorrow, concluding one week of time spent at home with my family. We had some good times - my sister and I went to a nearby city with some awesome boutiques and vintage shops. I found some very cute and amazingly cheap vintage items that I'll be posting in a "What I Wore" post soon. Then yesterday, we watched the final game of the Women's World Cup as a family, sitting on the edge of our seats the entire time. That game was the most nerve wrecking, suspenseful, and back-and-forth soccer match I've watched in a while. It's too bad the US lost. :/



But I did purchase and finish reading Men, Women & Children by Chad Kultgen, as mentioned in this post. I read all 3 of his books over the course of 5 days. They're such quick reads. Now I'm on the lookout for something new to read. Back to my stack of newly (err, not so newly) purchased and yet-to-be-read mysteries.

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I've been doing some online browsing recently, and I stumbled upon your blog. It was a comfort to read; just this May, I graduated from Purdue. I'm sort of lost, and sometimes I wonder about going to grad school. Right now, though, I'm an unfulfilled creativity enthusiast living in Iowa. (I also see you're from the Midwest.) Anyway, just wanted to say that I enjoyed visiting here; I am sure that I will stop again later. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Sarah said...

yay! have a beautiful trip!

whoaMYgoodness said...

Thanks for stopping by whoa-my-goodness!!! nice to make your blog acquaintance!! what are you studying? and do you think detriot could use another vintage store? i'm thinking about setting up shop....

<3

Brooke said...

Thanks Dawn! Thanks Sarah!

Hey whoaMYgoodness. I recently graduated from college with a BA in Communication and Psychology. I'm on the job hunt right now. As far as I know, there aren't many vintage shops in Detroit itself, but there are a bunch in the neighboring cities. Royal Oak specifically has an awesome vintage scene and if you're looking to start up somewhere in metro Detroit, I'd definitely recommend it. In my opinion, you can never have too many vintage stores anywhere. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Go Grad Girl! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...