Friday, July 15, 2011

Summer reading.

If you're like me, then you probably wish you had more time to read for fun. With it being summer and my still being *cough*unemployed*cough*, I've had the luxury of devoting some spare time to a little light reading. Mostly I've been perusing the mystery novels I've compiled into somewhat of a collection, but when I finished those, I was in the mood to read something I don't normally read.
Chad Kultgen
A couple of days ago I came across a book called The Lie by Chad Kultgen and was immediately drawn in within reading the first paragraph. With its austere [yes, I'm still making an effort to incorporate my GRE words into my everday usage :)] front cover and lack of a summary on the back cover, I could have never predicted what kind of a story I was about to get myself into.

The Lie (Chad's second book) is easily one of the most well-written novels I've ever read and Chad Kultgen is also one of the best writers whose work I've read. I finished the roughly 400-page novel in two days and went to purchase his first book, The Average American Male, the next day. (Which I finished in one day.) I'll be snatching a copy of Men, Women, & Children, Chad's most recent novel which came out about three weeks ago, within the next couple of days.

This guy is the most mysoginistic, vile, deplorable, anti-christic, and brilliant writer ever. I won't get into the plots of the two aforementioned books, I'll just suffice it to say that either Kultgen is a seriously messed up guy with an unabashed hatred for women, or he's a literary genius. A couple of pages into The Lie I wasn't sure if I could even stomach it, but I couldn't put it down. I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max comes nowhere close to the graphic nature and depravity of Chad Kultgen's books. And I can't wait to go get my copy of Men, Women, & Children. There must be something wrong with me...

5 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Oh man that sounds like and awesome book. I wish I had time to read =(

Amanda said...

I loved IHTSBIH! I've added these to my 'to-read' list before school starts in 7 weeks!

Blane181 said...

If there's something wrong with you, there's probably something wrong with me because as soon as I read that Tucker Max has nothing on Chad Kultgen, you had me hooked!

Mikelle Jade {The Honeypie Archives} said...

your layout is cute too! I think I'll be adding these books to my list of things to do, I hope to get around to them :) thanks for the lead!

threetimesf said...

Oooh intriguing - now I feel obliged to go and check them out! Thanks for the lead...

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Go Grad Girl! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...