Friday, July 1, 2011

'Sup July? Brooke here


I got my GRE prep book today at the campus bookstore. Today is day 1 of my preparation for the September or October exam. I'll be applying to grad school come fall, hence today's purchase. I've also set a goal for myself of applying to 5-10 jobs every day. Yay for being productive/responsible!


(Yes, I'm wearing purple and pink fuzzy slipper socks)

Also, my roomie Alex and I made some delicious cupcakes last night and watched the 3rd Harry Potter movie. We both need to catch up in preparation for movie #7 which is coming out soon. Cupcake flavorings of choice were yellow cake with chocolate frosting. They were delicious.

Only three more days until my 22nd birthday! Yes, my day of birth is the 4th of July. What's even weirder is that my mom's bday is on New Year's Eve. What odds, right?! My old roommate Courtney is driving up tomorrow for some weekend/birthday/holiday fun. It's gonna be a good weekend. :) Hope yours is fun, too!


9 comments:

d'Artagnan said...

My dad's birthday is the 4th. When he was little he thought all the fireworks were for him. ha!

Cara-Mia said...

I have to start prepping for the English GRE. Don't know when I'll take it, but hopefully sometime in the fall as well.

Happy early birthday, btw. My mom's birthday is New Year's Eve, too. :)

Kirsten said...

You go girl! I know how it is job hunting...not fun! I also just finished up my Harry Potter Marathon :) Have a fabulous weekend and Happy Birthday!!

little said...

yay productivity! and YAY harry potter! :)

love, little.

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness. I'm still over a year away from taking the GREs and I'm already so scared. I HATE BIG TESTS LIKE THAT! you're going to be SO awesome though!

Toni Rose said...

love those cupcakesss!!! :))

the whole country is getting ready to celebrate your birthday! :))

Rebekah Leigh said...

Thanks for the visit and i'm glad you like my etsy shop! 5-10 job apps a day?! Eek that is quite a lot! Good luck with it and also HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :-)

Krista said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! We should keep in touch... looks like you and I have some things in common! <3

Happy early birthday and fourth of July! Take care!

Brooke said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes, ladies!

I actually thought that too when I was little, d'Artagnan. Haha.

I agree, Krista. We should. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Go Grad Girl! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...