Saturday, July 23, 2011

Urbane camping.


I love camping. Growing up in Chicago, my family and I would go on annual camping excursions with a bunch of our friends and spend our days hiking, canoeing, and swimming, and our nights sitting around fire making s'mores. We always did our camping at the Wisconsin Dells. It was so much fun; I really miss those days.
The last time I went camping was two years ago. Last summer I was taking a full courseload of classes and this summer I'm trying to secure my first big-girl job, so I haven't really had the time to go on a trip.

These beautiful camping pictures shot by Danish photographer Ditte Isager remind me of the good times I had growing up with my friends at family at the Dells. They also capture the elegant side of camping which it isn't normally thought of as possessing. I really enjoy these shots; they look like they belong in a magazine.
.




Do you enjoy camping or are you not much of an outdoor person?


9 comments:

Erika Lee Sears said...

I love just getting out of town and what I love about camping it really gives you a chance to unplug. :) love the photos.

Andy with Words and Pen said...

I'm so into camping...when I was still in college..but when I got work, I never had the chance to do it again..*sigh*

Anyway, your blog header is cute and your over all design as well..i can see that you spent some time for it..

Following!

Smiles from,

Andy at wordsandpen.com

Kelsey Cole said...

I love camping! This pictures are making me crave a camping trip too:) Maybe I'll make some smore's tonight and build a fort in my living room and pretend I am camping...
thanks for your sweet comment! I can't wait to read more of your cute blog!

xoxo, kelsey

Ohh Erin said...

Really beautiful photos. I haven't been camping for years and I miss it so much. My Mum's boyfriend is camping with his friends at the moment and I am so JEALOUS!

SpeakNoww17 said...

i loveee camping also! It's a lovely home away from home :) <3

Marlee said...

I love camping, and these photos are fantastic! And from one fellow grad student to another, great blog, I'm a new follower!

http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com

my best friend jules said...

Wow I love these photographs! And I love the outdoors - as long as I have dry socks, I'm good to camp :) But having said that, I don't mind a night in a nice hotel either ;) xxx mervi

Ashlyn, Matchless Vision said...

I am very much a camping person!! I love the idea of fresh air, fires, and sleeping outside. The Wisconsin Dells are only a few hours away from where I live. That is so exciting that your family goes camping there. Have you ever been on a duck ride?

Brooke said...

No I haven't, Ashlyn. Never heard of a duck ride before. Sounds fun, though. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Go Grad Girl! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...