Monday, August 22, 2011

The Burning House.


"If your house was burning, what would you take with you? It's a conflict between what's practical, valuable and sentimental. What you would take reflects your interests, background and priorities. Think of it as an interview condensed into one question."


^ This is the question, or rather, scenario, posed by The Burning House. It's one we've all thought about and had friends and family ask us before, but TBH takes it one step further and actually documents and showcases photographs and illustrations of what people say they would take with them in the case their houses burn down. What a great idea, right?! I'm going to start working on my entry soon!

Anyone can submit to The Burning House. All you has to do is fill out an informational form via TBH's website and email the accompanying photo to owner Foster Huntington. Below are some submissions currently featured on The Burning House.

Also, I'm extending the deadline to enter my first giveaway by 1 week, meaning you have until Monday, August 29th to enter, so hop to it! ;) Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Ryan Adair said...

Love this idea!!! Once I get all of my things out of boxes, I plan on submitting too. I think about this a lot actually. :)

Ryan @ Thismustbetheplaceryan

Tara said...

This is such a great idea. I dont think all the things I would save would fit into a picture though!

Amanda C. said...

I would want to get my box of pictures, my computer because it has pictures on it, and some jewelry. Everything else is replaceable to me. I love seeing what other people value though.

d'Artagnan said...

Very cool idea!

chantilly said...

hmm, what a hard question, and the photos are interesting. i definitely value my cats lives most... i'm not sure if could get all of them to sit for a picture like that though :D

flutterhappy said...

I love The Burning House! I had a great time looking at other people photos. ♥

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Go Grad Girl! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...