Saturday, September 17, 2011

Retro living: Kitschy kitchens


In thinking about how I want to decorate my new apartment (that I'll be moving into in about 2 weeks), I've decided retro 60s/kitsch is definitely the way I want to go. I love everything about the 60s, especially the decor. Scalloped oak coffee tables, end tables, and chairs, wooden tube TVs, and console record players are absolutely gorgeous to me and I've been doing everything I can to get my hands on some of these beautiful pieces. Check out these gorgeous 50s and 60s kitschens!

What's your decorating style?

9 comments:

Becs said...

Love these! The top one is my favourite - floral walllpaper on the ceiling is definitely going in to my decorating repetoire! Have a great weekend.:)

Krystal said...

I'm all for KITSCH! Hence the blog title ;)

VintageBettys said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by! We love the 50's, our kitchen has a mix of decor 40's thru the 70's. The colors back then were bright and cheery :)

Have a great Day,
Laura and Michele

VintageBettys said...

We love those times! Our house is decorated with things from the 40's thru the 70's. We love those times, things seemed to be more fun and relaxed in those days. Thanks for stoping by.

Have a great day,
Laura and Michele

The Funky Junkie said...

Retro kitsch all the way! I can't get enough of photos like this. I can't wait to see how you decorate your new place!

Protector of Vintage said...

Your blog is so interesting....great photos and content!

♥●• Izdiher·•●♥ said...

60 is sweet .I love the decor . Best of luck.

Follow each other .

Ohh Erin said...

I absolutely adore the 1950s English Rose kitchens. I would love to have one myself one day (hopefully in the not too distant future!).

lisa said...

Wow, these are awesome! The wallpaper on the ceiling looks pretty darn cool!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Go Grad Girl! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...